Sunday October 18, 2015
Check out these steps to nautical, truly seafaring style to make both you and your guests feel even more at home by the sea, inspired by the beautiful seafaring style of our model homes here at Millville by the Sea!
1. Start With a White Palette: A crisp, white color palette is the perfect starting point for any nautical-inspired home, offering a simple yet sophisticated base for any sea-worthy space. Furthermore, a white color palette accentuates the stunning architectural details of any space, while exuding a clean and classic look—as you can see here in our Beachcomber model’s Kitchen.
2. Add Deep Blue and Vibrant Yellow Accents: Next, add a few bold blue and yellow accents, with a few pieces of furniture or throw pillows to enhance the bold new base of your nautical space. Crisp white bases make vibrant yellow and blue hues really pop—as you can see here in the Great Room of our Sundancer model home.
3. Incorporate Subtle Seaworthy Details: After creating the ideal base for your new nautical home, the next step is decorating. After all, everyone knows that the true beauty of any nautical home is in the details! Adding a few subtle seaworthy details to your home creates a unique, truly nautical vibe—as you can see here in the Dining Room of our Beachcomber model.
4. Opt for Eye-Catching Nautical Textures: Textured, nautical-inspired patterns are the perfect addition to any sea-worthy home. They’e sure to catch your guest’s eye and bring a fresh and fun feel to any space, as you can see here in our Sundancer model’s Master Bedroom.
5. Hang Your Favorite Sea-Inspired Paintings: Hanging a few of your favorite sea-inspired paintings in your new home is the perfect way to give a subtle yet sophisticated nod to the sea—as you can see with this collection of sea-inspired artwork from our Sea Isle model home.